The title says it all - tell us which book(s) you're currently reading, and what you think so far.

Views: 358

Replies to This Discussion

Agreed - Good Omens is amazing. Anansi boys is also a treat and in my opinion a better read than American Gods.
Um..I've given it some thought, and like American Gods more than Anansi Boys. because it's more...grey...and at night...and there's a funeral home... . It's not that the quality of one book is "better" than the other, I just like one more than the other.

Still reading Good Omens--The Four are gathering~Apocalypse pending (maybe...).
What is Good Omens about? the name sounds interesting. my curiosity is killing me.
Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch is a fantasy novel writtem by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. It is a very, very funny book and well worth checking out.
Thanks i need more to read this summer before my fall semester starts. I want to expand the old cranium a bit.
Dead Until Dark, the first in the Sookie Stackhouse series, by Charline Harris. Only on chapter two. The more I read, the more I devoid myself from the show, which is not a bad thing, since the two are not one in the same, in some regards.
just started a collection of strange stories by Margaret Olephaunt
_A Charmed Life_, by Liza Campbell. About growing up in Macbeth's castle in an eccentric family, and _Psysics for Future Presidents_, by Richard A. Muller. A tough read in the nuclear wepons chapters! The new _Wired_ just arrived, though, and I am diving into this now.
1948: a history of the first Arab-Israeli war. Fascinating in-depth account of the events surrounding the first Arab-Israeli war by historian Benny Morris.

Having been away for a week, I took the opportunity to re-read Dune. It's still one of my favourite novels of all time and, I think, a very humanist story.
Swindled: The Dark History of Food Fraud, from Poisoned Candy to Counterfeit Coffee. I find food and the food business fascinating. So far it's alright, but I wish the author didn't digresses from the actual topic quite as often.
I've just started reading Space Captain Smith by Toby Smith. So far it's proving to be a very funny steampunk parody

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service