The title says it all - tell us which book(s) you're currently reading, and what you think so far.

Views: 192

Replies to This Discussion

I am currently reading 3 books as follows:

Warped Passages: Unraveling the Mysteries of the Universe's Hidden ... by Lisa Randall

Death by Black Hole: And Other Cosmic Quandaries by Neil deGrasse Tyson

Big Bang: The Origin of the Universe by Simon Singh

So far the book by Dr. Tyson is the best - utterly captivating. It is a collection of his essays from Nature magazine.
The Stranger - Albert Camus
My co-workers bought it for me for my Birthday, so far very interesting read, very unique writing style! *of course not sure if that was the intention of the author or the translation...?
I'm currently reading Ulysses by James Joyce.
I tried to read Ulysses so many times. I failed. I've totally given up.
You should try reading it again.
I'm finally down to the last 114 pages; it's been quite challenging, to say the least.
Hey, me too, but slowly. How's it going?
I'm reading Dragonsong by Anne McCaffrey. I have been on an Anne McCaffrey kick ever since I finished reading Douglas Adams' The Salmon of Doubt. My dad has been reading McCaffrey's books since she started.
Still reading Atlas Shrugged. I absolutely love it! I have noticed, though, that the main male/female characters are nearly the exact same male/female characters in The Fountainhead (at least as far as their relationship is concerned). Not that I'm disappointed - it just gives me a little more insight into the nuts and bolts of Ayn Rand (perhaps). Cat's Cradle will arrive tomorrow (Tuesday), so I'll have to put Atlas... down for a bit.
We Have Always Lived in the Castle is my favorite book of all-time!!!
I am currently reading:
Only a Theory: Evolution and the Battle for America's Soul by Kenneth R. Miller and Finding Darwin's God: A Scientist's Search for Common Ground Between God and Evolution (P.S.) by Kenneth R. Miller

I love his scathing attacks on ID and creationsism.....he's still deluded by religion however. Interesting read! Oddly enough, he could/is our best hope to keep that bullshit out of school.

Did anybody else read Atheist Universe by David Mills?? I REALLY enjoyed that book and I don't find too many others who have read it.
I'm currently reading 'Sean B. Carroll: Endless Forms Most Beautiful' + just bought: 'Carl Zimmer: At The Water's Edge' + just finished: 'Neil Shubin: Your Inner Fish' (I love this book, what's more: easy to understand for evodevo-amateurs like me).

RSS

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service