Newtonian's Discussions (9)

Discussions Replied To (9) Replies Latest Activity

"So ... just don't do anything?  Don't try? This has far greater implications than a…"

Newtonian replied Jul 28, 2015 to Hawking Signs Warning Against Arms Race of Artificial Intelligence Devices that Kill

9 Aug 15, 2015
Reply by John Jubinsky

"Right.  Asimov wrote about that in his novels; but, I don't think that it is realist…"

Newtonian replied Jul 27, 2015 to Hawking Signs Warning Against Arms Race of Artificial Intelligence Devices that Kill

9 Aug 15, 2015
Reply by John Jubinsky

"I've been "preaching" this for years but to one further step.  I believe that AI wil…"

Newtonian replied Jul 27, 2015 to Hawking Signs Warning Against Arms Race of Artificial Intelligence Devices that Kill

9 Aug 15, 2015
Reply by John Jubinsky

"Can that irrationality -- and maybe each step in reaching intelligence -- be compart…"

Newtonian replied Jun 29, 2014 to Intelligent But Makes an Exception for Religion

67 Aug 15, 2014
Reply by Jonathan Tweet

"I think that it is also that certain higher achieving persons begin to view themselv…"

Newtonian replied Jun 28, 2014 to Intelligent But Makes an Exception for Religion

67 Aug 15, 2014
Reply by Jonathan Tweet

"I was really intrigued by the story's references to the boat being stitched construc…"

Newtonian replied Jun 19, 2014 to 1,000 year old Arab ship found in Thailand shrimp farm.

6 Jun 20, 2014
Reply by Plinius

"I guess you'll have to read the actual full article by Hawking, computer scientist S…"

Newtonian replied May 5, 2014 to Hawking Says Artificial Intelligence could be Mankind's Worst Mistake

24 May 5, 2014
Reply by John Jubinsky

"You mean like building in the forehead-slappingly-simple controls that coulda should…"

Newtonian replied May 5, 2014 to Hawking Says Artificial Intelligence could be Mankind's Worst Mistake

24 May 5, 2014
Reply by John Jubinsky

"Before machines hit the singularity point (the point at which they become self-aware…"

24 May 5, 2014
Reply by John Jubinsky

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service