All Discussions Tagged 'evolution' (64)

← Back to ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

All Fingers and Big Toes

Interesting findings reported by the BBC. Simpler than the usual fair, too. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8459572.stm The picture (…

Started by Marc Draco

2 Jan 18, 2010
Reply by Marc Draco

"DARWIN'S BRAVE NEW WORLD" 3-part series on TV

Here's a marvellous 3-part series from CBC coming to UK television that starts this evening at 8 p.m. GMT. How many in Canada have seen the…

Started by Dr. Terence Meaden

4 Dec 9, 2009
Reply by Marcus Craven

How much evolution is driven by intelligence?

Not supernatural intelligence - ours. Mel kindly alerted me to Fisherian Runaway recently and it struck me that a lot of evolution could d…

Started by Marc Draco

47 Nov 26, 2009
Reply by Mike Hitchcock

Evolution caught in the act II : Giant mice evolve to exploit food source

Caught this feature on the UK Guardian site, downplayed somewhat in the mainstream media. I think its a classic example of evolution in ti…

Started by John Bunyan

3 Nov 23, 2009
Reply by Clarence Dember

Darwin's flower: The orchid. Amazing adaptations to life among insects.

;"> Not meaning to double post, so I'll put a link here. The link contains videos and different photos, with more detail. Blog posts te…

Started by Daniel W

2 Nov 22, 2009
Reply by Dave Kennedy

Becoming Human -- a three-part NOVA documentary

BECOMING HUMAN, PART 1 The first episode of Becoming Human -- a three-part NOVA documentary on what the latest scientific research reveals…

Started by Louis Davout

3 Nov 4, 2009
Reply by mojo5501

Is evolution unfalsifiable?

I ran across this statement on Ray Comfort's blog, said by an atheist. "Two problems. Evolution is unfalsifiable as it can be made to conf…

Started by OutlawGirl

8 Oct 28, 2009
Reply by Sa Janes

What if our common ancestor... walked upright?

I had this idea while watching the discovery documentary on Ardi. I came to the conclusion that if such an ancient primate walked upright i…

Started by OutlawGirl

45 Oct 25, 2009
Reply by Jared Lardo

ORIGIN OF THE FLORESIENSIS 'HOBBIT': Was It or Wasn't It Human?

Origin of the Floresiensis 'Hobbit' Abbreviated from an article by science writer Cheryl Jones in The Australian 30 September 2009 http://…

Started by Dr. Terence Meaden

2 Oct 5, 2009
Reply by Adriana Heguy

The Age of Empathy: Nature’s Lessons for a Kinder Society- book examines the evolution of empathy

The evolution of empathy Less brutish, still short Sep 3rd 2009 From The Economist print edition The Age of Empathy: Nature’s Lessons fo…

Started by Nate

7 Sep 28, 2009
Reply by Jaume

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service