And guess who's right at the very heart of this one...

"The scandal is closely linked to the Catholic Church, which under Franco assumed a prominent role in Spain's social services including hospitals, schools and children's homes."

Full story here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-15335899

Views: 190

Replies to This Discussion

Only one child would be too many, but I must ask about where the BBC takes the number from: there are 900 cases on different Spanish courts right now under investigation. There is a big jump to 300k. Just saying.

This is horrifying, If this doesn't categorize them as a criminal organization I don't know what does.

Thanks for this post. I'd never heard of this scandal in the mainstream media.

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

Latest Activity

Christopher Erbland posted a status
"The Atheist Community of Rochester is meeting Sunday, April 2nd at the Brighton Memorial Library at 1:15 PM. Kevin Davis will speak."
16 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Your private internet history up for sale, thanks to Republicans in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
40 minutes ago
Christopher Erbland is now a member of Atheist Nexus
44 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Your private internet history up for sale, thanks to Republicans in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
55 minutes ago
Michael Penn replied to eric stone's discussion ALERT: NYTIMES PREDICTING BIG WIN FOR DEMS in GA
1 hour ago
Bertold Brautigan commented on Daniel W's group Quotation Of The Day
1 hour ago
Michael Penn commented on Glen Rosenberg's blog post LOCATION
1 hour ago
Loren Miller commented on Daniel W's group Quotation Of The Day
1 hour ago

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service