According to progressive creationism, God created the universe, life, and humanity, but he did it over a period of time billions of years long. As various species evolved from earlier species, God intervened periodically to give the process a helping hand. Without God's assistance, evolution would never have progressed as rapidly as it did on our planet.

Theistic evolutionism maintains that God only created the universe and simple life, not any complex form of life, including humanity. The idea is that after God created a very simple life form on our planet about three billion years ago, he departed the scene and allowed evolution by means of natural selection to take over.

Either way, it is GOD who is responsible for evolution and science does not tell this to us! Was Darwin wrong to neglect god's contribution to evolution?

Views: 690

Replies to This Discussion

Sam in WV

I might disagree with Madhukar that "theistic evolution" always takes on a Deist perspective the way he characterizes.

Please note that these are not my views. I have merely shown what the creationists argue. I am a fulll and strong atheist and I do not hold such views. I have stated my views elsewhere on this thread. I say that the creationists are trying to somehow push god in scientific facts so that later on they can say that evolution conforms to Bible. I think I am not much away from your thoughts.

Evolution is no longer a debatable topic, and to do so with dead head Christians is to give them credibility. Humor or even disrespect at this time is in order. As Richard Dawkins said, would you debate a flat earthier?  

James, perfect! Hear Ye! Year Ye! Debate tonight between round earthers and flat earthers. Leave your weapons at home. 

Hi Joan,

I myself travel to the high north, and almost fell off edge; not only do they claim that the earth is spherical but that it turns-----outrageous!!!

Yes, you have to watch your step while far north. 
I lived in Alaska for several years and spent many happy hours north of the Arctic Circle. I belonged to a ham radio club and we had contacts all over the world.  Where we experienced 24 hours dark, other people I talked with had 24 hours light.  Kind of makes one wonder how that can happen on a flat earth. 

It is indeed puzzling--lol!! In my younger years I spent time on northern Baffin Island, high arctic--an amazing experience.

I just looked up Baffin Island and it surely must have been an adventure. How did you happen to be there? 

It was work that took me up there. I went up with a crew and we built a mining town up there close to an Inuit community called Arctic Bay, the town was later named Nanisivik. Presently the Canadian government is turning it into a deep water port, in the interest of Canadian sovereignty in the arctic.

What an interesting experience. What was mined? Did you find evidence of mastodons or ancient life forms once there or no longer there? Did you hear Inuit creation stories or their other traditions? 

I had some interesting experiences with Athabascans in Kenai. They had a rich history, beautiful art work, colors and patterns, they were wonderful story tellers, and their food was interesting: muktuk, uguruk, and pickled moose nose; and of course salmon and hooligan (smelt).

Muktuk is whale fat sliced into 2x2x2" chunks, raw or dried. It is kind of tender and crisp at the same time. 

Uguruk was seal flesh, not very good.

Pickled moose nose was gelatinous, kind of like pickled pigs feet. 

Well, back to evolution, did they share their history with you?   

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service