At the African Elephant Summit in Botswana that attracted delegates from about 20 countries around the world experts testified that African elephants in the wild could be extinct in 30 years. They attribute the decline in numbers to poaching primarily attributable to the demand for ivory in China. Per the article:

African elephants could be extinct in the wild within a few decades, experts warned on Monday at a major conservation summit in Botswana that highlighted an alarming decline in numbers due to poaching for ivory. The Africa Elephant Summit, held at a tourist resort in Kasane, gathered delegates from about 20 countries across Europe, Africa and Asia, including China -- which is accused of fuelling the illegal poaching trade.

http://news.yahoo.com/time-running-wild-african-elephants-experts-0...

Views: 95

Replies to This Discussion

Genesis 1:26 King James Bible
"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

So, god made everything and man has dominion over it all. Observe what man is capable of destroying with all that power. The seas, the air, the soils, and living things. Man is not worthy of such trust.

Is there no news about mankind becoming extinct?

Considering how many don't believe that climate change is real and all the stupid stuff we're doing to this planet, I'd say, "Stay tuned!"

Yes, I can't help thinking cynical things, if I said it all I'd shock some people here. So I keep myself in check and pack a bag with things to recycle.

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service