Pope Francis declared recently in his regular weekly address at St. Peter's Square that animals go to heaven. This puts him (the current Mr. Perfect) in blatant disagreement with an earlier assertion by Pope Benedict (made when he was Mr.Perfect) that they do not. Accordingly, one of them has not been perfect in the role of Pope. Tell it to Catholics. Per the article:

The 77-year-old pontiff then concluded: "One day we will see our animals again in eternity of Christ. Paradise is open to all God’s creatures."....The question of what happens to our favorite pooches and moggies after death only began assuming significant dimensions recently with the Christianity Today, in 2012, raising the question,"Do Pets Go to Heaven?" But soon after publication of the article, Pope Francis' predecessor, Pope Benedict XVI, moved quickly to slam shut firmly the pearly gates of heaven against animals, declaring in the midst of his brief papal tenure, that animals are "not called to the eternal life," and pointing out that animals are never mentioned in connection with salvation and eternal life in the Christian scriptures....If animals go to heaven, do they also go to hell? Will my donkey suffer eternal damnation for that well-aimed kick at my groin.... What about earthworms, the bacteria in my gut, HIV and Ebola viruses that have caused untold suffering to humanity?....

http://www.businessinsider.com/pope-francis-animals-go-to-heaven-20...

Views: 519

Replies to This Discussion

From snopes.com, an imaginary dialog on church messageboard signs:

(Our Lady of Martyrs Catholic Church sign) ALL DOGS GO TO HEAVEN / (Beulah Cumberland Presbyterian Church sign) ONLY HUMANS GO TO HEAVEN READ THE BIBLE / (Catholic) GOD LOVES ALL HIS CREATIONS / DOGS INCLUDED / (Presbyterian) DOGS DONT HAVE SOULS THIS IS NOT OPEN FOR DEBATE / (C) CATHOLIC DOGS GO TO HEAVEN PRESBYTERIAN DOGS CAN TALK TO THEIR PASTOR / (P) CONVERTING TO CATHOLOCISM [sic] DOES NOT MAGICALLY GRANT YOUR DOG A SOUL /(C) FREE DOG SOULS WITH CONVERSION / (P) DOGS ARE ANIMALS / THERE AREN'T ANY ROCKS IN HEAVEN EITHER / (C) ALL ROCKS GO TO HEAVEN

Actually, in response to the Beulah Presbyterian's position on who goes to heaven.  They offer: "Read the bible," when maybe they should've read it closer.  According to the bible, the only human who went to heaven was the thief nailed next to Jeezis. 

Perhaps they'd get a magical attitude adjustment!

(Completely inappropriate analogy: some Christians maintain that nobody in heaven will want sex; "the appetites and desires of this world will give way to higher and infinitely more gratifying delights".)

Or perhaps only the One True Denomination gets in. Or perhaps none of them do.

Yup! Hopefully they'd have a desire to help create a "heavenly" real future world for future humans.

I've shared this link before: Why Won't God Heal Amputees - Chapter 32: The future of the human race - on creating a "Heaven on Earth" (where our pets would be welcome!)

"the appetites and desires of this world will give way to higher and infinitely more gratifying delights".)

OK religionists, show your stuff. Lemme see these delights that are higher and infinitely more gratifying than "the appetites and desires of this world." If nobody in heaven will want sex, I have somewhere else I need to be.

And since there is no other world than this one, you'd better have your A game on.

I'm with you! Similarly, if nobody in heaven would exercise creativity and intelligence (and not just for newer, better, eternal hosannas), other places would have better company. Like the real world.

Genesis{2:7} And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

This bible quote shows that 'man' became a living animal because god gave him a soul. There is no mention of how women and animals become living entities without a soul. The Christian theology does not seem to give them any afterlife; good for them though.

wat a bitch, he spent all day making a rock but created man with one quick shot of halitosis! 

That God dude.  I knew I didn't like the sonofabitch for sumpt'n

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service