Researchers from the University of British Columbia say that valuing time more than money is associated with greater happiness. Per the article:

"Having more free time is likely more important for happiness than having more money," she said...."It appears that people have a stable preference for valuing their time over making more money, and prioritizing time is associated with greater happiness," said lead researcher Ashley Whillans, a doctoral student in social psychology at the University of British Columbia. The findings were published online in the journal Social Psychological and Personality Science.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/01/160107094105.htm

Views: 75

Replies to This Discussion

This is consistent with me currently living the best days of my life, embracing my belief that nobody would ever fairly compensate me for my time if I were to sell my wealth-producing labor services to some corporate slave driver. We could never agree on a price, and I'm not the most employable person who ever walked this earth, anyway.

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service