The Universal Love Triangle

There are two ideas that bother me;  “forever” and “The Big Bang Theory”.

The word “forever” bothers everyone if they stop and think about it.  Our minds cannot grasp the true meaning of forever.  The actual thought is beyond our comprehension.  We can say it, and mean it, but we cannot visualize it.  If I say, “the universe doesn’t have an edge, it goes on forever.”  We can’t understand that.  We want to visualize an edge, or border, or wall, or something.  But FOREVER!!  That almost hurts trying to imagine it.

The second term, or idea that bothers me is “The Big Bang Theory”.  If I understand it correctly,  The Big Bang Theory says that everything in the universe was all  together in one speck the size of the period at the end of this sentence, and then all of a sudden, fourteen and a half billion years ago, the period exploded in what is called the Big Bang, and voila, we have the universe as we see it now.  And the expansion is continuing.  We know that “our part” of the universe, that is to say the part we can observe,  is expanding at an ever-increasing rate.  I say “our part” because we don’t know what is happening in other parts of the universe that we can’t see.

The one part of of this theory that bothers me the most is, why did that period wait until just 14.5 billion years ago to explode?  That period had just been sitting there forever, and then for no apparent reason it decided to explode.

There is one more idea that needs mentioning before I go on with my explanation.  That is the idea that there might be more than one universe like ours.  The theory is called the “multi-universe theory”.   There is no evidence that this is the case, but it is considered a possibility.  And still another possibility is that our universe is part of something in a much larger universe.  For instance, our entire universe might make up one of the keys on someone’s computer keyboard.

Up until two or three decades ago, it was thought that the universe was expanding, and that the total amount of gravity in the universe would stop the outward expansion, and then it would collapse back in on itself.

Of late, it was discovered that this is not the case,  The outward expansion is not slowing as it should, but is in fact, speeding up!  What could possibly explain this scenario?

Have you ever seen someone blow a smoke ring?  Or seen a smoke ring machine blow rings at a fair?  Or been on a naval vessel when it fired its guns?  Look at the vessel below shooting its guns.   Do you see those red rings?  There are also some  smaller smoke rings between the guns and the red rings.  What I want to focus on is the shape of the rings.  They’re like donuts.  Round, with “donut holes”.

For my explanation, I want to make one of the rings  solid, and cut it in half so that we are looking at the donut from the side, as shown below. 

With the explosion originating below the ring, the things that make up that ring will travel in the direction shown.  As the ingredients move up from the inner wall toward the outer wall of the ring, they will steadily separate faster and faster from each other in the same manner as we are observing in our universe.

So!!  Our universe is shaped like a donut!!

But wait, there‘s more!!  A normal explosion (like the Big Bang), does not make smoke rings.  It just makes a big ball of flame, much like they first envisioned the universe to be.  To get a smoke ring, the explosion has to happen in a tube-like devise.  Like a gun barrel.

It wasn’t a period after all.  It was a bullet that exploded!!  And it is dark out there in the universe, so it must have been a husband that came home at night, and found a man in bed with his wife, and shot him.

It just goes to show you, it happens at all levels.

Views: 1341

Replies to This Discussion

That is exactly correct, Donald. Also, our vision of all this is too dark with the telescopes today. With advancements beyond Hubble it will all become more clear.

There is no way to view the outer limits to the universe, because stars at the edge of the universe are moving away from us FASTER than the speed of light.

Therefore, they simply disappear as they reach the speed of light, ust like the Enterprise disappears as it hits warp speeds.

Once again, reality is weirder than fiction.

I've always been taught that nothing goes faster than the speed of light.  Am I wrong?

No you are not wrong.  Confused yet? lol  What happens is that SPACE is expanding FASTER than light.  Space is not constrained by the laws of special relativity, because nothing with mass is actually moving faster than light.  

What is happening is exactly what NASA is trying to achieve with the Warp Drive.  It is trying to create a wave in the fabric of space time and move a ship @ x10 the speed of light, while actually standing still.

How can Galaxies Move Faster than Lightspeed?

Well, I listened t what he had to say and most of it made no sense to me, except for the balloon metaphor. Hope it answers your question.  

Does that mean that all the stars will eventually move out of our sight? 

That is correct.  Eventually the only thing in the sky will be the stars within our galaxy.

OK, using the balloon metaphor, if Earth's sun is a small dot on a balloon surface and all the other suns are placed on the balloon in proper proportion to each other, and the balloon begins an expansion, slowly, the other suns begin to disappear to the point where there are no other suns visible from Earth. Does that mean the suns move out of range to the speed of light, or that the universe is round and expanding? 

That's exactly right, the sun is not moving faster than the speed of light, it is the balloon that is expanding faster than light at the edges, taking the sun with it.

When you explain it in this way, it might make some sense, but the galaxys aren't just on the surface.  They are within the baloon.  We have stars (glaxies) in front of us, behind us, and to all sides of us.  We are pulling apart from each other faster and faster in all directions.

I still like my donut idea.

There is no center and the balloon is just an analogy.  In reality there is no balloon and everything is moving away from each other.  Locally we are being held together by the gravitational pull of the black hole in the center of the galaxy which is greater than the pull of space time.  Even closer we are held together by our star and our moon by our planet.

I know there is no balloon.  And I know everything you just explained. 

But many scientists have said that our universe might be one among many, or that our universe might be nothing but a small particle in a much larger universe.

My Universal Love Triangle was meant to be a humorous explanation of why  our universe is expanding, on the chance that we are part of a much larger universe.

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service