Bertold Brautigan's Discussions (2,699)

Discussions Started (19) Replies Latest Activity

Porque?

How is it that Joe Arpaio deserves a pardon and dreamers don't?

Started by Bertold Brautigan

8 Sep 13, 2017
Reply by tom sarbeck

Authority - to Trust or Not to Trust?

I think I started mistrusting authority because of the arrogance of the nuns in Catholic grade school. They just assumed that we owed them…

8 Feb 1, 2017
Reply by Grinning Cat

A most interesting exercise in fantasy

The One Speech That Could Turn Donald Trump From Villain To Hero Patheos - August 16, 2016 by Benjamin L. Corey Article here. Spoiler alert…

2 Aug 21, 2016
Reply by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

New New Atheism?

Chris Hall published an interesting essay in Alternet, picked up by Raw Story: Hitchens, Dawkins and Harris are old news — a totally differ…

11 May 25, 2016

One small step for ignorant assholes; one giant step toward Christian ISIS

The Mississippi State Senate has passed a bill that would allow churches to appoint armed security guards with a license to kill. Here is t…

3 Apr 2, 2016

Percy Bysshe Shelley - The Necessity of Atheism

This may not seem like the most appropriate group for a post on a poet, so I hope no one will object. Talking to my old college bud yeste…

4 Mar 11, 2016
Reply by Plinius

Evangelical Christianity destroyed its own brand — here’s why they are now widely despised

Valerie Tarico strikes again with this excellent piece in Raw Story. The entire article is here. Here are a couple of my favorite section…

8 Mar 16, 2016
Reply by Bertold Brautigan

Here’s the Most Important Document You Can Read on The Religious Right’s Plan to Turn America Into a Theocracy

Entire article linked below: Patheos may have somewhat overstated their headline, but there are definitely people out there trying to de-f…

3 Jan 30, 2016
Reply by tom sarbeck

Scalia-induced Pukefest, Anyone?

According to This Week in God, our favorite Supreme has just outdone himself yet again. Speaking to a Catholic high school near New Orle…

6 Jan 11, 2016
Reply by tom sarbeck

#VanillaISIS, #YallQaeda, #YokelHaram, #Yeehawd: Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs

Per Religion Dispatches:  BY MEGAN GOODWIN JANUARY 7, 2016 #VANILLAISIS, WHITE TEARS AND THE ADVENTURES OF CAPTAIN MORONI By now you know…

25 Jan 11, 2016
Reply by tom sarbeck

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2019   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service