1. Close any tax loopholes for wealthy,
2. Restore food stamps to poor,
3. Extend unemployment benefits for 1.3 million jobless who will lose them in a few weeks,
4. Sequester on the books (delaying it only two years).
5. It contains no short-term stimulus,
6. Does nothing about long-term deficit.
Well, we have our homework set out for us; keep tabs on these issues.
good information - thanks
To me it is a repeating pattern. When those on the bottom want more from their "democracy" a terrible problem occurs, seemingly out of nowhere. We find out later that the problem was criminal or should have been made criminal and was 100% predictable and 100% preventable. Instead of the criminals going to prison they are rewarded with bailouts from the taxpayers. This causes debt and we are told we all need to tighten our belts and the lowering of social benefits becomes the solution. Rinse, lather, repeat!