AOC excoriates Congress for enabling ICE's morally bankrupt University of Farmington sting.

... Ocasio-Cortez suggested that lawmakers should accept some of the blame for funnelling funding into the agency with little oversight.

"Earlier this year, Congress rushed to approve BILLIONS more $ for ICE + CBP," Ocasio-Cortez said, implicating the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency as well."

"Yet, we were called radical for opposing it," Ocasio-Cortez said.

"Look out for those in politics who like to label themselves 'fiscally responsible,' yet only seem to care about the price of justice–not the cost of oppression,"... "Everything has a price. And an unjust society is far costlier than one that invests in & values all people." [emphasis mine]

ALEXANDRIA OCASIO-CORTEZ ACCUSES CONGRESS MEMBERS OF BLINDLY FUNNEL...

image source

ICE set up a fake university, then arrested 250 people granted stud...

... prosecutors argued in the court documents ... that the students were well aware that the school was a fraud. They allegedly chose to enroll anyway,...

From the outside, the University of Farmington appeared legitimate,...

The Department of Homeland Security’s list of certified schools where international students can enroll included the University of Farmington.

Reddy told the Free Press that the U.S. government “made a lot of money” off these foreign students.

University of Farmington

It [Framington] also claimed to be accredited by the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs and the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges and was also apparently authorized by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program to admit foreign students.

The Times of India noted that there was hardly any way for prospective students to distinguish the institution from a real university, at least from its web presence.

That ICE sting was immoral, revolting, in my view. This is not why I pay taxes! And it's now obvious that US higher education institutions which solicit foreign students are suspect. We can not be trusted as an honest society.

Views: 18

Replies to This Discussion

I don't care what anyone else says.  This is ENTRAPMENT, plain and simple, and those responsible for this stupid scheme deserve to go down so hard they BOUNCE.  Under any other presidential administration, behavior like this would be intolerable.

In this one, it's SOP.

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2019   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service