Mueller gathers evidence that 2017 Seychelles meeting was effort to establish back channel to Kremlin (Washington Post)

Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III has gathered evidence that a secret meeting in Seychelles just before the inauguration of Donald Trump was an effort to establish a back channel between the incoming administration and the Kremlin — apparently contradicting statements made to lawmakers by one of its participants, according to people familiar with the matter.

In January 2017, Erik Prince, the founder of the private security company Blackwater, met with a Russian official close to Russian President Vladi­mir Putin and later described the meeting to congressional investigators as a chance encounter that was not a planned discussion of U.S.-Russia relations.

A witness cooperating with Mueller has told investigators the meeting was set up in advance so that a representative of the Trump transition could meet with an emissary from Moscow to discuss future relations between the countries, according to the people familiar with the matter, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive matters.

Read the rest here.

===================================

So ... "no collusion," eh? That line has never had a whole lot of traction with me, but hearing about this meeting in the Seychelles honestly has my jaw getting acquainted with the carpet.  The meeting in Trump Tower and that horribly awkward Oval Office foolishness with the Russians was bad enough, but if the Seychelles event fleshes out, that's a whole other slash among the thousand cuts it's likely to take to kill the Trump presidency.

Views: 70

Replies to This Discussion

We Americans are being tested. Ten cents says we will allow a good more.

I don't know, Tom.  Trump has tried our patience plenty, and as it comes to mass shootings, it's just possible that the Parkland, FL incident is straining the Bactrian's vertebrae as it is.  The bullshit was flying thick and fast long before 20 January of last year and has only grown in intensity since that time, and the protests and counteractions continue to grow louder.

Your dime may not be safe, bro ... and that's all to the good from where I sit.

Loren, if words measure how far Trump has tried our patience, my dime is in trouble.

If actions measure it, my dime is safe.

In any case, "we Americans" are flunking the test.

So far?  Oh, yeah...

My guess is that all those little cuts will not bring down the Trump presidency. It will take something really big, a jaw through the floor and into the basement kind of event to pull him down. I can't think of what it would be but when it happens we will all know it. 

Trump will bring down himself. No questionable "he said vs he said."

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service