Why Nestle is one of the most hated companies in the world

"Child labor, unethical promotion, manipulating uneducated mothers, pollution, price fixing and mislabeling – those are not words you want to see associated with your company. Nestle is the world’s largest foodstuff company, and it has a history that would make even hardcore industrialists shiver. We’re gonna look at why Nestle has such a bad reputation and whether or not it deserves it."

Nestle Continues Stealing World's Water During Drought 

http://www.anonews.co/nestle-water/

Nestlé is draining California aquifers. From Sacramento alone they take 80 MILLION gallons annually. They then sell the people’s water back to them at huge profit under dozens of popular brand names.
The permit for Nestle to extract water expired over twenty years ago.
“Nestlé pays only 65 cents for each 470 gallons it pumps out of the ground – the same rate as an average residential water user. But the company can turn the area’s water around, and sell it back to Sacramento at mammoth profits,”
"A coalition, which includes the crunchnestle alliance, the Story of Stuff Project, along with co-plaintiffs the Center for Bio... have come together to file a lawsuit against the unethical corporation.

Views: 137

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you, Joan, for this reminder of Nestle's decades-long history of despicable behavior. I stopped buying their products when I read of what the company was doing to new mothers in poor countries.

There was once an organization, based in Washington state as I recall, that publicized consumer boycotts of companies that harmed people. Do you know if it still exists?

Tom, I am disgusted with what Nestle did to parents and babies in poor countries as well. It has been several years since I bought any brand associated with Nestle. 

For those who do not know the story of Nestle, the company aggressively marketed Nestle baby formula in poor, underdeveloped countries where there was too often a lack of drinkable water. Once the babies learned to nurse from a bottle and once the mothers' milk dried up, the fomula was no long available at no cost. 

"It was in 1977 that campaigners first called for a boycott of Nestlé because of its aggressive marketing of formula milk in the developing world. Thirty years on, have Nestlé and the other baby-milk firms cleaned up their act? Joanna Moorhead travels to Bangladesh to find out."

"in 1988 the International Baby Food Action Network (Ibfan) alleged that baby-milk companies were flooding health facilities in the developing world with free and low-cost supplies,"

"In 2014, Nestlé practices exposed in new Breaking the Rules, Stretching the Rules 2014 monitoring report."

In 2017  support the "Nestlé boycott

Nestlé-free zone Nestlé is the target of a boycott because it contributes to the unnecessary death and suffering of infants around the world by aggressively marketing baby foods in breach of international marketing standards. If you want to know why there … Continue reading"

1.5 million babies die every year as a result of inappropriate feeding.

~ World Health Organisation Authority (WHO) 

"Despite this Nestlé continues to push its baby milks in breach of international standards."

Forty years ago, the boycotts began and continues because Nestle persists in using unscrupuless tactics to snare mothers into the formula feeding fraud that seemed so outrageous all those years ago.

Joan, however despicable Nestle's methods, is free or low-cost birth control available in those countries?

There is a limit to how many people the earth can carry.

I know, and we have discussed this in other posts. As has been stated by me and others, poor people in developing nations need no Bibles, Qurans, or prayers, they need education, family planning, and riddance of demagogues and dictators. We, in the developed nations, need education as badly as developing nations, only we pretend we are educated and free. 

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service