Something someone shared with me on facebook cuz I like to sunbathe. Nudity is viewed in the USA as more sexual because we over censor it while nudity in europe is more open and less sexual. 

https://youtu.be/tsdVMoAXpOc

Views: 175

Replies to This Discussion

Hmm.  Strangely, over the last few decades, "nondenominational" has almost become a denomination of sorts.

The majority of those churches seem to be Pentecostal of some flavor, and each one tends to have fairly strict tenets of belief.  It's just nearly impossible to figure out what the hell those beliefs actually are, based upon their official materials.

Take this local church, from which I recently received a pamphlet from a door-to-door pamphleteer:  http://apostles-raleigh.org/beliefs/.

That's a mass of almost complete gibberish.  Almost everything on all four of those pages boils down to, "We're trinitarian Christians."

Okay, so let's look at one of those 39 Articles, which should get a bit more explicit.  Ah, free will ... this one looks promising:

10. Of Free-Will. The Condition of Man after the fall of Adam is such, that he cannot turn and prepare himself, by his own natural strength and good works, to faith, and calling upon God: Wherefore we have no power to do good works pleasant and acceptable to God, without the grace of God by Christ preventing us, that we may have a good will, and working with us, when we have that good will.

What the fuck does that even mean?  They sound almost Calvinist, based upon some of that, but when you actually talk to them, they aren't.  I didn't see anything on the Our Beliefs page that indicates that they're Pentecostal (do the whole speaking-in-tongues thing), but they are.  They're also anti-gay and anti-feminist, but I wouldn't have known that without explicitly asking that question of the pamphleteer.

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service