Fewer Americans think smoking a pack a day poses a great health risk Risk perception dropped from 2006 to 2015, declining more quickly in women

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/02/180227125719.htm

Summary:About 3 out of 4 Americans agree that smoking cigarettes causes health problems, but public perception of the risks posed by smoking may be declining, according to a new study.

Views: 38

Replies to This Discussion

Oh Damn! And just when I think I have persuaded my daughter and son-in-law to quit, they will find any excuse to continue. 

My daughter witnessed my mother's terrible death with heart and lung disease caused by smoking. My mother started smoking when she was 12 years old. Laura and my mother smoked together when Laura was in high school. Yet, Laura continues to take the risk. I hope she has a peaceful death; I fear she will die as my mother died. 

As for myself, I will just wrinkle up like an apple that wrinkles up and becomes compost. 

Sorry to hear that! Your daughter and son-in-law's motivated reasoning shows the power of the addiction!

As for you, I hope you'll be alive and active for quite some time!

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service