Alright I will admit up front that this is a little (or a lot) wacky of an idea. This is the kind of ideas that would attract publicity. I would love to find others who have the guts to get a little publicity to atheism.

Here it goes.

Premise. God is good, god is powerful, blah, blah, blah

Plan. I would like to take the dead batteries that I have lying around my house, stuck in the back of drawers and put them for sale on Ebay.

Marketing. The ad would read something like the following (cleaned up of course)...

We are offering these batteries to anyone who wants one of these great dead batteries for the low price of $4.99. I would recommend that atheists not buy them because their is no way practically for science to recharge them. But if you are religious, these are for you. You have faith in the MOST POWERFUL being in the universe. Only a small, tiny fraction of power could easily recharge these forever and absolutely free.

I bet we could come up with a bunch of non-science/non-sense for believers to spend money on a honestly, stupid premise. No scams. Just silly propositions that are VERY OBVIOUS non scientific.
Some other examples. I have a blank sheet of copy paper that I just took out of the box. For the low price of $999, we will send you this brand new blank sheet of paper for your God to magically write out the commandments for mankind to follow.

It is kind of hard to think up all the stupid stuff people believe in. The idea is not to sell any of it, but the absurdity of anyone even considering buying it. And if they did, the proceeds would go to some atheist charity.

I am curious to see where this thread goes and what kind of wacky things people think of to help raise the awareness of the believers.

Views: 53

Replies to This Discussion

Prayer stick could be a good one.. lolz
On a similar note: would you prefer to dine with an atheist or a christian?

Think carefully before you answer, your life might depend on your dinner guest applying the scientifically proven Heimlich maneuver as opposed to the Heimlich prayer for the choking.
Soooo...

How would the Heimlich prayer work?

Would they stand behind them and give them a hug - nah.

Have the person bend over. They stand behind them, raise their arms and aaahhhhh!
- looks kinda gay ... perfect.
The instruction for making holy water should read:

Put a saucepan of water on the stove and boil the hell out of it.
This is one of the funniest real sites I have ever seen. Technically, it not funny, but really serious for the fundamentalist believers. But the atheists see the irony/comedy in this site, and the foolishness the underlying beliefs are based on.
======
http://eternal-earthbound-pets.com/

You've committed your life to Jesus. You know you're saved. But when the Rapture comes what's to become of your loving pets who are left behind? Eternal Earth-Bound Pets takes that burden off your mind.

Our service is plain and simple; our fee structure is reasonable.
For $110.00 we will guarantee that should the Rapture occur within ten (10) years of receipt of payment, one pet per residence will be saved. Each additional pet at your residence will be saved for an additional $15.00 fee. A small price to pay for your peace of mind and the health and safety of your four legged and feathered friends.
===
I have nothing to do with this site. I heard about it on several atheist podcasts. Infidel Guy did an interview with sites owner.

--Jack
=====
see my blog on this
http://jackrussell8888.blogspot.com/2009/10/funny-site-eternal-eart...
hahahahahahahahahahaha

I wonder how many Christians will buy if you actually try. I think it would be a great social experiment. ;-)

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service