I find that open atheism is hard to find in my neck of the woods. Introduce yourself and tell us something funny about your experience...

Views: 297

Replies to This Discussion

Live in Downtown Nashville with my wife and red heeler. I play guitar, like movies, and would love to meet other atheists (other than my wife). If you're near nashville, message me!
Not too near...but I do come to Nashvegas to work once in a while - I'll be sure to look you up.

Hi Aaron,

I also play guitar. What kind of music are you into?

I like 'praise and worship', myself. Nooooo I don't....I'm just being stupid. I prefer hard rock, but appreciate great guitar playing regardless of the style. For example; I think Brad Paisley kicks ass!

Oh no - we got a bunch of guitar guys here :-)

Who's is into Steve Vai????
Well, he IS a GOD! (hummmm.....maybe I'm a theist after all). Actually, he's almost too far 'out there' for me to just enjoy listening to him. But it's a blast to get to SEE him play ('live' or 'on video').
Howdy Brad and all you fellow TN Atheists.
There may be several groups here at the Nexus that could be of interest to me, but...since I am an atheist...living in TN...you folks seemed to be the obvious choice for my first venture into "Group-land". I live near Pulaski in Giles County. I'm a bit of a transplant. I was born and raised in Virginia but the Air Force took me to Arizona in '92 where I lived until '06 when my wife and I decided to move to TN in order to be a little closer to our families. I wish I could relate a funny or entertaining anecdote as Brad requested, but I can't seem to come up with anything.
Anyways....it's nice to know I'm not the only heathen in the state (besides my wife, of course).

I live near downtown Nashville, orginally from Utah. Been living and working here in TN for 4 or 5 years now =)
Oooooo - Mor(m)on country. Bet that was fun :-)
Howdy Adam. Glad you found the Nexus.
Glad you are here...the godless need to stick together :-)
I was born in Carthage. I live in Gordonsville and have lived various places in Smith County my entire life. I am from the home county of Al Gore, so there are a lot of "progressive Christians" around here but not very many non theists that I am aware of. I have only met one or two in the flesh. I only completed a high school level education and I now work a blue collar job at the local Wal-Mart. It can be mentally frustrating to live in an area with over 15 churches and two very small libraries, and no community of alternative minded individuals to speak of. I'd like to think it's made me a stronger, more aware person, at least mentally. I'm glad to be a part of this group.
Hey Josh,
I (among many others, I'm sure) share your frustration. I'm so close to Alabama, that we get our local TV news out of Huntsville. One station airs a piece they call "Focus on Faith" and it just makes me wanna puke. I'm sure it's too much to ask for a segment called "Focus on Reason" (or science, or logic), after all...who would be interested in that crap? This is one constant source of annoyance in my life. However, it is nice to go to the library and see a copy of "Origin of Species" or some other blasphemous publication prominently displayed for everyone to see.....it truely does my heart good. I'm glad you joined us here.

Support Atheist Nexus

Supporting Membership

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service