http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20080726/18_chi...

"We never planned how many children to have," he said. "We just let God guide our lives, you know, because we strongly believe life comes from God and that's the reason we did not stop the life."

I find this terribly disturbing.

Views: 102

Replies to This Discussion

Ugh. I'd assumed it was going to be the Rabbits...I mean the Duggars, again. I didn't realize it was another family who thinks the womb has a revolving door.

"We never planned how many children to have," he said. "We just let God guide our lives, you know, because we strongly believe life comes from God and that's the reason we did not stop the life."

Yeah, because wantonly breeding like any dog would is something God would want.

At this point, I think it's society supporting this family. I bet they're on food stamps to help feed al those mouths.

See, if this was any time before now--even the 1920's, they'd be stuck with kids starving to death because there'd be no way to feed all of them--it just wouldn't be possible.

Some of the food they cook is nasty--I remember the massive pan of "tater tot casserole"--you see the exact same dishes in Fundamentalist Mormon Kitchens--when the guy has like 5 wives and they all have 10 kids each--which those kitchens often need restuarant-size cooking vessels, because no normal kitchen can turn out that much food. I remember seeing a photo of one of their compound kitchens before--everything was(highly expensive) stainless steel, restaurant grade cooking equipment, yet all the women were on food stamps to feed their children.

Despicable.

Wow, now that's just rediculous. Those are going to be some messed up kids.

I crack up every time I see this.
Now THAT would be MY personal hell!!

Thank you science, for birth control!

Looks like they're all dressed up for Sunday church services too!
(It's important to look 'smart' for your brainwashing...)

Just kidding -- that was totally uncalled for -- I'm sure they're very rational people........ ahem.....
I'm fairly certain that they probably do dress that way for their brainwashings. That's the Duggar family and they have gotten bigger since that picture. They are quiverfullers and are quite fundamentalist. I'd love to catch up with some of those girls in 10 more years or so and see how they turned out, because I think there are only two ways for them: completely devout or complete rejection of their childhood.

Exactly. I hate to see how these kids turn into adults. Either they never leave and marry someone else fundie, or they, like some of Fred Phelp's children, break away and never talk to them again.

First of all, the oldest culture in the world--the !Kung, has an average of two children. TWO. That's as much as the mother can feed and as much as she can have--because she'll breast feed for a longer period than we do now.

Really, I can't wait for kids to start coming out extremely retarded and deformed, she should be happy to make her other children care for them just like she makes the older kids care for her young children because she doesn't have time to actually take care of them all.

I actually had to take care of my sister when I was a kid--lemme tell you, it really makes you not want kids of your own.

"We would have liked a boy to be even,"

I feel so sorry for the poor girl that's going to have it held over her head her whole life that she screwed up the "even-ness"
How freaky.

1st-even one child makes me wonder why

2nd-having an unseen man in the sky dictating my legs being spread and being impregnated.....?

I seriously want to know if they screwed with the thought process: "If it will be, it will be"
or
if they were "spoken to"....... "Its me god, go do what I made you to do, procreate!"
It's pretty insane, but it doesn't bother me because it doesn't affect me... If they can support that many children, things should be okay. No family is perfect.

My aunts have always been on strong birth control, and yet all the married ones have at least a few kids. My cousin is a Deppo baby. Kids on 99.9% protection? God must have reeaaally pushed to get those through.

I'm the youngest of 7, myself.
A family of 7 kids... I come from a smallish family (just us 3 kids) and I don't know how my mom and dad did it! One thing I do admit to: I respect the amount of patience parents have.

You were the baby! What was that like? I was a middle child.

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service