http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20080726/18_chi...

"We never planned how many children to have," he said. "We just let God guide our lives, you know, because we strongly believe life comes from God and that's the reason we did not stop the life."

I find this terribly disturbing.

Views: 102

Replies to This Discussion

It's the only way of keeping the churches filled, every person they lose doesn't return. But if there are more childs, the chanche will be higher some of them don't leave.
Oh! Ack! I just saw this now. You know, I've been considering just saying screw it and getting the ol' tubes tied. Here's incentive if I ever saw it.

The above bar needs a vomit emoticon.
It has one, sorta...

This reminds me of one of my favorite jokes.

Maria, an Italian woman was extremely religious. When she was married, she refused to use protection because she felt that birth control was going against God's will. She and her husband had seventeen kids.

Maria's husband got sick and passed away. As time went by, Maria moved on with her life and married another man. Again, she refused to use protection because of her religious beliefs. She and her second husband have fifteen kids.

Again, Maria lost her husband. But, soon after her husband's death, she passed away as well. At the ceremony at the cemetery the priest looked down at the coffin then looked up at the sky and said, "They're finally together."

This confuses one of the family members at the service and after the ceremony, asks the priest.

Father," he starts, "back at the cemetery when you said, 'they're finally together,' did you mean Maria and her first husband, or Maria and her second husband?"

The father takes a long look and him and says, "I was talking about her legs."
18 kids wtf this woman needs her legs sticthed together.
Not my cup of tea for sure!
You know I used to kid around about large families saying things like "They had a few extra so that I don't have to have to" but this is getting regodamnediculous.

I can understand that in order for the species to continue some of us have to and that a majority want to. Replacing yourself and your mate is one thing creating a classroom full of children is reckless, it lacks any regard to the long term stablity of the planet. Are resources are limited. This size of the planet is finite. How many of us can we fit? How many of us can we feed? With women taking fertililty drugs and now cranking out litters at a time it seems like only a matter or time before we find out.
I've heard a term for this type of unethical behavior: populution.
F.

Feodor Vassilyev and his first wife, whose name is unknown holds the record for most children a couple has parented. She gave birth to a total of 69 children. She gave birth to 16 pairs of twins, 7 sets of triplets and 4 sets of quadruplets between 1725 and 1765, in a total of 27 births. 67 of the 69 children born are said to have survived infancy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_with_the_most_children

I'm trying to do the math as to how she managed to get that many kids out of a finite number of reproductive years when each one took about 9 months...damn.

The Duggers just announced baby number 20 and I think they are in their early 40's.  It's a shame that they people have litters like this.

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service