I think I'm starting to see a problem here. We have various threads asking for volunteers on various categories but we do not have any definite tasks to assign. I mean, it's all well and good to say "we need graphic designers" and it seems we have a few, but what will they do?
I've already seen a few people eager to contribute but without a goal and I'm afraid that unless someone steps up and assigns something, they will lose interest and dissapear.
So I think we should start specific projects while the interests is there. To this end, perhaps we can start a discussion on possibilities
- Bloggers: How will this work? Will each blogger be expected to just, vaguely write about the Nexus, or will they have specific themes? You can't tell to a blogger "Start writing about the Nexus." without a clear concept.
- Representatives: What are they supposed to do? Contact their local newspapers? Seriously I have no idea.
- Web Developers: Ok, at least with them we can expect various site improvements to be passed on.
- Moderators: Do we need specific guidelines? I think a "constitution" is necessary before moderation begins.
- Promotions: What is this about exactly? Are they supposed to visualize and help the Representatives and the Bloggers?
- Graphic Design: For this I already have an idea. Perhaps members of the nexus could raise requests and people contributing could do them?
Anyway, please present your thoughts on this.