I've asked several theists this, and I am certainly not the first Non-christian to come up with this idea.
Why did God create us in the first place?
1. He knew we'd do naughty things to anger him all the time. (rape, murder...no wait those things appease the God of Abraham.)
2. He doesn't need to be entertained since he is a perfect being and can't get bored.
3. He doesn't need companionship since he is perfect and doesn't get lonely.
4. He already knows everything we are going to do before we do it because he knows all. (and yet some how we are suppose to have free will.)
5. He wants us to worship him, even though he has great-self esteem and ego, he doesn't need anyone to stroke it.
I've asked several theists this and they come up with these two things:
1. God created us to help us.
What? How can you help something that doesn't exist?! Does non-existence hurt? Can you remember what you felt before you where conceived? NO! because you didn't exist!
2. He created us to worship him and to know him and love him.
But why? God has no needs to fulfill because he is a perfect being. For him, it would make no difference for us be in existence or not.
Has anyone asked this question to a Christian/Abrahamic Theist?