Faith is belief in illusory things that are not based in fact. Since gods know everything, they can't have faith. So gods are atheists.
Because they are already the highest power, they don't believe in a higher power. So they are atheists because atheists do not believe in higher powers.
* Jesus ( Historians/Archaeologists say he didn't exist) did not believe in the god of Judaism or the Roman gods. So he was an atheist.
* Moses was an atheist regarding Egyptian & Roman gods and then he concocted his own stories about god.
* Mohammad was an atheist as far as Judaic/christian/Nomadic gods were concerned and he too was an atheist for his times.
* Buddha and Mahavira were atheistic regarding the two crore gods of the Hindu pantheon.
* Rama & Krishna (Avatars of Vishnu) were mythological & fictional characters, not confirmed by historical or archaeological research, but assuming that they existed, if you had a time machine and had the chance of interviewing them, they would have denied the existence of all the animistic gods, whom the masses worshiped in those times.
So gods or their human avatars or representatives were atheists.
If by not believing in gods makes me an atheist, I am sure that after I complete my quota of heartbeats programmed in my genes, I will be heartily welcomed by gods into their club of atheists, if they exist.