It just occurred to me (while going all Tolstoy on a comment page) that my thoughts and words may be better suited here in Blogville, USA.
Anyway, Lent in south Louisiana (and other hardcore Christian areas) is hell for non-theists. The following is a quick list of the reasons why. Why a list? Because I'm a guy and guy's like lists and tournaments...that's why:
1) Easter dress shopping...c'mon...really?
2) Even more people walking around asking you about church, getting saved, etc.
3) Yes, I'm from the swamps of Louisiana. No, I'm not a big seafood eater. No, I will not abstain from a juicy steak at our table just because it's Fundie Friday and you're all of a sudden "holy".
4) Local banks are closed on good Friday. WTF? It's just another Friday. If that it were a payday and I got a paper check, my bank being closed means that Friday is anything but good!
5) The post-Easter Monday morning coffee break/ water cooler Easter "service" replay. The play-by-play analysis of each and every hour of church festivities. This happens around here alot on just about any Monday but since Easter is the Christian Super Bowl, it's worse! All that's missing is the guy who constantly repeats some lame joke from an expensive commercial.
So while I honestly considered going to church on Easter with the family, I've decided not to go. I don't see the reason. I'm staying Zombie free.