Thanks for the welcome Loren,Greetings to all from New Zealand, it's currently 7.45 am Monday morning....so if you want to know the future???? just ask me :-). oh and by the way....jesus is coming....its pissing down with rain here at the moment....see infalible proof, anyone got a towel?
i look forward to learning more of Dan Barker and Jerry De Witt.
"on this statement: but rarely are they utterly reversed upon admittance of further data."
I didn't make a statement that they do.
An unfortunate fact is that many people still believe in Gowd and the Lowered Jesus Christ because of that it's a good idea to know how believers think.
I didn't think of the word 'Truth' the way Raza presented it until I listened to him.
Consider it a way to understand, if possible The POTUSs Donald Trumps truthor Senator James Inhofe (R-OK) truth
Mitch McConnel, Paul Ryan. The list goes on and on.
They all have access to the same facts as every one else.
Their Truth is different
They and others propose wealth re-distribution to the top 1% will help the economy and U.S.
There is no evidence it will.
Are they delusional? No. They know what it's about.
Is the public who subscribes to the notion of trickle up economic theory delusional?
Pragmatically the R's such as McConnell and Ryan are doing a great job "For themselves and donors." The votors are too ignorant because of the terrible news media available to be able to make informed descisions at the voting booth. Also because media outlets are nothing other than entertainment with a bunch of political speculators rather than Ambassadors, and University professors or INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALISTS many don't have enough information to vote.
Truth is what someone believes in regardless, or contrary to the the facts. Evolution and climate change denial for example. WMD's in Iraq justified the war may be another truth. Jesus was a raal person who was born from a virgin and was killed by the Roman empire for being a revolutianary. After Jesus's death he rose to heaven and took all the other dead people (throught history and across the little world) with him into heaven Because of Jesus' sacrafice everyone is absolved of original sin.
Original Sin, or coarse meands god didn't make human't correctly in the first place..
All of that religious nonsense is about 'Truth."
Aesops fables are about truth as well. People fortunately, or unfortunately don't take Aesop as serious as limited Abrahamic texts put in the Bible, or Coined in the Koran.
A myth may teach a valuable lesson, such as Aesop's Fables without having any basis in reality. The lesson may be true, but that's as far as it goes. Aron Ra offers the following definitions:
Fact: A point of data which is either not in dispute, or is indisputable in that it is objectively verifiable.
Truth: Any statement which has been or can readily be shown to actually be true. Personal testimony, conviction, conjecture, or speculation can turn out to be true, and may even be accepted as true whenever objection seems unwarranted, but no statement should be classed as ‘truth’ until examined and vindicated.
A fact may be said to be an element of "The Truth," and again, Aron has a position on this matter which I find on point:
If you don't care what the facts are, then you don't care what the truth is. -- Aron Ra
Sounds like you have a great bunch of fur-babies. Let me tell you about mine:
1. Samwise Gamgee Moonglow-16 yo: lilac point Siamese mix I picked up at a 3-M plant in Ontario, CA while I still drove semi. He is the BEST!
2. Chloe Rose-approx. 18 yo: tortoiseshell. Got her from a college woman who could not keep her.
3. Cappuccino Java Hopper Enigma Little Bitch - almost 9 yo: Mostly white with black splotches. A friend brought her to me when she was about 6 days old. She never grew so is still my baby (Java for short).
4. Majik Curious Destiny - approx. 3 yo: A friend (same one who brought Java to me) found Majik at a PetSmart up for adoption. I received pictures of her and told my friend to get her for me as I had been searching for a calico like her since my last calico died (Maggie was 19 when she died).
5. Solveig5-6 yo: Eastern Gray tree frog. One fall, when I was still putting plants outside during the day, this little frog kept coming in with the plants every night. I would find her in the morning when I placed my plants outside. After the third time, I said, "Well, I guess you want to stay." I bought a large habitat with front glass doors, put in plants and logs, plus a pond. I have to buy crickets (Yuck) to feed her. She is the mellowest frog I've ever come across.