Thanks Loren, I am giving it some thought. Staying I mean. Truth is I am really sick of the abuse and trolling some people who will remain unnamed have done for years with no consequence even though the "Nexus Rules" do prohibit such. If we are going to tolerate constant abusive behavior towards anyone who doesn't buy into pseudoscience and dares to return sarcasm in defense, well, I find it hard to believe the Nexus is a site for rationality as claimed. Maybe I'll cool off and stay, but I am really offended by being chided for not playing nice with an aggressive ranter who is well known to be over the top by many. Best always, John
Sounds like you have a great bunch of fur-babies. Let me tell you about mine:
1. Samwise Gamgee Moonglow-16 yo: lilac point Siamese mix I picked up at a 3-M plant in Ontario, CA while I still drove semi. He is the BEST!
2. Chloe Rose-approx. 18 yo: tortoiseshell. Got her from a college woman who could not keep her.
3. Cappuccino Java Hopper Enigma Little Bitch - almost 9 yo: Mostly white with black splotches. A friend brought her to me when she was about 6 days old. She never grew so is still my baby (Java for short).
4. Majik Curious Destiny - approx. 3 yo: A friend (same one who brought Java to me) found Majik at a PetSmart up for adoption. I received pictures of her and told my friend to get her for me as I had been searching for a calico like her since my last calico died (Maggie was 19 when she died).
5. Solveig5-6 yo: Eastern Gray tree frog. One fall, when I was still putting plants outside during the day, this little frog kept coming in with the plants every night. I would find her in the morning when I placed my plants outside. After the third time, I said, "Well, I guess you want to stay." I bought a large habitat with front glass doors, put in plants and logs, plus a pond. I have to buy crickets (Yuck) to feed her. She is the mellowest frog I've ever come across.
Hi Loren! Yes I love podcasts! They were a big help after my divorce the comedy ones helped me laugh again. The variety and content of podcasts is better than anything on cable. I do love the Thinking Atheist podcast, it's well produced and that voice is amazing, I could listen to him for hours!
That might be related. Later I had to stop my flash plugin because it gave me problems.
BTW, I put my psychological reaction to climate news in the Psychology group. It' really for psychological discussion, isn't it. I wasn't sure where to put it, as I already overload Ecological and Climate Concerns. Have you a better suggested location to post such things in future?
Thought you might want to know. I selected the Noam Chomsky group after searching for it in my groups, and my computer froze up. The message telling me what was loading said something about read Twitter.com. Had to do a hard reboot. Couldn't find anything like that in my task manager.