Sounds like you have a great bunch of fur-babies. Let me tell you about mine:
1. Samwise Gamgee Moonglow-16 yo: lilac point Siamese mix I picked up at a 3-M plant in Ontario, CA while I still drove semi. He is the BEST!
2. Chloe Rose-approx. 18 yo: tortoiseshell. Got her from a college woman who could not keep her.
3. Cappuccino Java Hopper Enigma Little Bitch - almost 9 yo: Mostly white with black splotches. A friend brought her to me when she was about 6 days old. She never grew so is still my baby (Java for short).
4. Majik Curious Destiny - approx. 3 yo: A friend (same one who brought Java to me) found Majik at a PetSmart up for adoption. I received pictures of her and told my friend to get her for me as I had been searching for a calico like her since my last calico died (Maggie was 19 when she died).
5. Solveig5-6 yo: Eastern Gray tree frog. One fall, when I was still putting plants outside during the day, this little frog kept coming in with the plants every night. I would find her in the morning when I placed my plants outside. After the third time, I said, "Well, I guess you want to stay." I bought a large habitat with front glass doors, put in plants and logs, plus a pond. I have to buy crickets (Yuck) to feed her. She is the mellowest frog I've ever come across.
Hi Loren! Yes I love podcasts! They were a big help after my divorce the comedy ones helped me laugh again. The variety and content of podcasts is better than anything on cable. I do love the Thinking Atheist podcast, it's well produced and that voice is amazing, I could listen to him for hours!
That might be related. Later I had to stop my flash plugin because it gave me problems.
BTW, I put my psychological reaction to climate news in the Psychology group. It' really for psychological discussion, isn't it. I wasn't sure where to put it, as I already overload Ecological and Climate Concerns. Have you a better suggested location to post such things in future?
Thought you might want to know. I selected the Noam Chomsky group after searching for it in my groups, and my computer froze up. The message telling me what was loading said something about read Twitter.com. Had to do a hard reboot. Couldn't find anything like that in my task manager.
I'm not so sure that A/N is going to stay up either. One thing that I have noticed for some time now is that A/N will no longer allow tags to be added to discussions that are posted. That makes me suspect that it has been over burdened. Someone needs to connect with the originator of it and tell him or her about the problem. I think Dr. Meaden would be a very logical choice to do this. He likes Joan Danoo so maybe she should be the one to connect with him.
Well, I figured the odds were against there being another "Loren Miller for Ohio", although I didn't know you attended the FFRF gathering. I've thought about going, but since they publish all the speeches, I stay home.