Water Cooler (2,553)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Child Sexual Assault Literature Revue

Child Sexual Assault Literature Review American Psychiatric Association. (2000). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (4t…

Started by Joan Denoo

3 Jul 18
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

Which American Problem Most Needs Attention: Guns or Violence?

Paraphrasing von Clausewitz, unregulated capitalism is war by another means. America is a violent nation. Guns are one symptom of our viole…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

13 Jul 6
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

Homo Non Sapiens Too Blindly Obeys Rules To Merit “Sapiens”

Two of many instances: 1) men wear trousers instead of skirts, and 2) women wear skirts instead of trousers. Another from a source I’ve for…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

2 May 26
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

To Be “Pro-life” in a Death Cult. What Does It Mean?

“Catholicism is a death cult.” I first heard that two years ago, sixty years after I quit Roman Catholicism. During 12 years in RC schools…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

5 May 13
Reply by Grinning Cat

The USA Is Becoming More Secular in An Important Way (Despite the Pessimism of A Few of Us)

Until recently the term Acts of God was used to describe natural events (such as storms) that do harm in our lives. I’m selling an empty lo…

Started by tom sarbeck

21 May 10
Reply by kathy: ky

A Web Search Says Health and Wealth Are Positively Correlated, therefore,

...therefore, Republicans should increase taxes for wealthy people who have few children, PROVIDED THAT THEY RAISE CHILDREN WHO ARE NOT SO…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

3 Apr 26
Reply by Joan Denoo

Are We Trashing the Solar System? Need We Ask?

According to a recent announcement from the National Aeronautics and Space Agency (NASA), there is growing concern among engineers and astr…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

14 Apr 6
Reply by Joan Denoo

My spirituality - tyring to exress that feeling of awe in song and video

When It Rains Space Walk

Started by Russell Pangborn

0 Apr 3

Atheist Reasoning on Gun Control in the U.S

Atheists are a small minority in the U.S.  Advocates of gun control might be a minority in America as well. In light of the recent shooting…

Started by Russell Pangborn

813 Mar 30
Reply by Chris

Nurdles can make you sick

Pathogens hitchhiking on plastics ‘could carry cholera from India to US’ You might want to rethink taking toddlers to an ocean beach. ... u…

Started by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

5 Mar 21
Reply by Chris

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2019   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service